To All Freightliner Shunter Grade RMT Members at Ipswich Top Yard
Our Ref: BR3/15/4
23rd April 2021
REORGANISATION, IPSWICH TOP YARD – FREIGHTLINER LTD
I write with regards to the above matter and to inform you that your Union Representatives have been in negotiations with Freightliner management to discuss the roster realignment of the current Team Operatives and Team Leaders based at Ipswich Top Yard.
Following negotiations, the following offer is proposed:
- Replacing the Team Leader and Team Operative Grade with a common grade of Shunter.
- A new link of 7 for the new Shunter link, with 2 vacancies advertised and filled.
- A common rate of pay at the Team Leader rate of £29897.20p, for the 2 Team Operatives, this is an increase of £2793.12p (current salary £27,104.08p).
- A contractual 35 hour week (some contracts were a 37 hour week, although in practice only 35 hours has been worked for some time).
- A revised Job Description (copy attached).
- Rostering to be done by Roster Clerks based at Crewe or Ferrybridge, rather than locally managed.
- New technology mainly as per 2019 pay agreement.
A copy of the Freightliner Ltd Ipswich Groundstaff Role and Roster Realignment Agreement and the Freightliner Shunter Job Description can be found here https://bit.ly/2Pi3XUw
The union’s National Executive Committee has recently considered the matter and having noted the company’s proposals, the Executive Committee has taken the decision to conduct a referendum of all our affected members with a recommendation to accept the offer.
You will shortly receive an email from a company called “Choice Voting” which will allow you to register your vote. Please follow the instructions and make sure you complete this by no later than 11am Thursday 6th May 2021when voting closes.
Note - You must have an email address in order to vote so please ensure we have your up to date contact information. If we do not have your current email address, or if you or any of your colleagues have not received this email, or if you have any difficulties voting, please contact us at email@example.com or via the National RMT Helpline on 0800 376 3706.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU USE YOUR VOTE
VOTE ‘YES’ TO ACCEPT THE OFFER