ROLE OF THE GUARD & EXTENSION OF DOO
Our Ref: BR2/0146
22nd September 2016
ROLE OF THE GUARD & EXTENSION OF DOO – SOUTHERN (GTR)
RMT CALLS FURTHER STRIKE ACTION
First and foremost, I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate you on the magnificent stand you have taken throughout this dispute. The strike action taken to date has been solidly supported by our Conductor and Conductor Instructor members.
Despite Southerns blatant disregard for the safety and security of passengers and staff, the RMT continues to receive messages of support from the travelling public to defend the safety role of the Guard and no further extension of Driver Only Operation.
Therefore, after careful consideration, your union’s National Executive Committee has taken the decision to call further industrial action, as follows:
All Conductor and Conductor Instructor members are instructed not to book on for any shifts commencing between the hours of:
• 00.01 on Tuesday 11th October and 23.59 on Thursday 13th October.
• 00.01 on Tuesday 18th October and 23.59 on Thursday 20th October.
• 00.01 on Thursday 3rd November and 23.59 on Saturday 5th November.
• 00.01 on Tuesday 22nd November and 23.59 on Wednesday 23rd November.
• 00.01 on Tuesday 6th December and 23.59 on Thursday 8th December.
Once again, congratulations for your continued determination to oppose GTR’s plans to extend DOO and remove the safety role of the Guard.
SUPPORT YOUR UNION - SUPPORT THE ACTION
SAY NO TO DOO