20 May 2015
RMT Press Office
RMT reinforces message to the public that NR dispute is about the staffing and safety of our railways as talks continue
General Secretary Mick Cash said.
"RMT is continuing to push for a negotiated settlement through the ACAS talks and the union is available right the way through the weekend to keep that process going if necessary.
In the meantime our picketing arrangements are in place and the response coming back from our members is one of rock solid support.
We would remind the public that we have been forced into this dispute through a wholly unwarranted attack on safety-critical jobs, pay and working conditions that would seriously undermine the safety of passengers on our railways into the future.
RMT members are standing up for the principle of a properly staffed and resourced railway where safety comes first and where corners aren't cut to hit budget targets. "
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: Network Rail Strike Action
- RMT calls for Nicola Sturgeon ScotRail intervention
- RMT calls on London Mayor
- Transport union RMT responds to Government net zero strategy
- As Southeastern passes into public ownership today, RMT reveals true cost of private sector failure
- RMT Scotrail members continue their battle today as Scottish rail workers step up fight for pay justice during COP26