26 April 2018
RMT Press Office:
Offshore union RMT on HSE intervention today on gas releases in North Sea
General Secretary Mick Cash said;
"We welcome this intervention by HSE as it comes at a time when the pressure on the off shore workforce is immense in terms of cuts, increased workload and increased working hours.
"We have come close on a few occasions and it's often been luck as opposed to good management that a disaster was avoided.
"It is appropriate that HSE should issue a statement in the terms they have as it will help to focus minds and remind everyone they must remain vigilant."
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: offshore, north sea, gas release, oilc
- RMT warns that the UK oil and gas industry is teetering on the brink
- RMT response to PM's ten-point plan for a green industrial revolution
- New collective bargaining structure for North Sea workers a step closer
- RMT reaction to PM's comments on offshore wind power
- RMT reaction to report on zero carbon economy: