26 April 2018
RMT Press Office:
Offshore union RMT on HSE intervention today on gas releases in North Sea
General Secretary Mick Cash said;
"We welcome this intervention by HSE as it comes at a time when the pressure on the off shore workforce is immense in terms of cuts, increased workload and increased working hours.
"We have come close on a few occasions and it's often been luck as opposed to good management that a disaster was avoided.
"It is appropriate that HSE should issue a statement in the terms they have as it will help to focus minds and remind everyone they must remain vigilant."
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: offshore, north sea, gas release, oilc
- RMT demand Government action to stop shipowner exploitation of seafarers
- RMT warns of jobs, pay and pensions carve up
- RMT issues new warning of a cocktail of dangers for bus driver safety
- RMT demands that Government crack on with rail nationalisation
- RMT says no more excuses – bring Scotrail into public ownership