26 April 2018
RMT Press Office:
Offshore union RMT on HSE intervention today on gas releases in North Sea
General Secretary Mick Cash said;
"We welcome this intervention by HSE as it comes at a time when the pressure on the off shore workforce is immense in terms of cuts, increased workload and increased working hours.
"We have come close on a few occasions and it's often been luck as opposed to good management that a disaster was avoided.
"It is appropriate that HSE should issue a statement in the terms they have as it will help to focus minds and remind everyone they must remain vigilant."
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: offshore, north sea, gas release, oilc
- RMT calls for UK crew on Dogger Bank support vessels
- RMT calls for jobs and training links in offshore wind contracts
- Offshore union RMT reaction to report from employers’ body on the future of the UK oil and gas industry
- RMT remembers Piper Alpha 33 years ago today
- RMT responds to creation of a single enforcement body for workers' rights