6 July 2020
RMT Press Office:
Offshore union RMT remembers the 167 men who on this day , July 6th 1988, were killed by explosions and fire that destroyed the Piper Alpha Platform in the North Sea.
Take a moment today which is also the launch of Maritime Safety week to remember the 167 offshore workers and the devastating effect on their families and communities. The loss back then is why we strive to ensure improvements in safety standards for all offshore workers.
Men of Piper, gone but never forgotten. Stay safe.
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: piper alpha, offshore workers, north sea
- RMT steps up fight to halt jobs carnage at Trump's Turnberry resort
- RMT warning over back to work Monday
- RMT responds to confirmation that Government has nationalised Train Company debt
- RMT warns against crowding on Brighton trains tomorrow
- RMT demands that Rail Gourmet and its parent company call off redundancy threat