11 January 2017
RMT Press Office:
Offshore union RMT welcomes safety action by Sikorsky over North Sea helicopters
RMT General Secretary Mick Cash said;
“We welcome this move as it is a precautionary measure to assure workers and industry that a generic problem doesn't exist with this model of aircraft.
“It comes in the wake of an incident on December 28 and the actions of Sikorsky to suspend operations for a short period to conduct an inspection of the tail rotor shaft and bearings is a proactive move.
“We await the outcome of the full investigation by the manufacturer, the operator and the AAIB.”
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: offshore, sikorsky, north sea helicopters, aaib
- RMT calls for UK crew on Dogger Bank support vessels
- RMT calls for jobs and training links in offshore wind contracts
- Offshore union RMT reaction to report from employers’ body on the future of the UK oil and gas industry
- RMT remembers Piper Alpha 33 years ago today
- RMT responds to creation of a single enforcement body for workers' rights