11 January 2017
RMT Press Office:
Offshore union RMT welcomes safety action by Sikorsky over North Sea helicopters
RMT General Secretary Mick Cash said;
“We welcome this move as it is a precautionary measure to assure workers and industry that a generic problem doesn't exist with this model of aircraft.
“It comes in the wake of an incident on December 28 and the actions of Sikorsky to suspend operations for a short period to conduct an inspection of the tail rotor shaft and bearings is a proactive move.
“We await the outcome of the full investigation by the manufacturer, the operator and the AAIB.”
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: offshore, sikorsky, north sea helicopters, aaib
- RMT warns that the UK oil and gas industry is teetering on the brink
- RMT response to PM's ten-point plan for a green industrial revolution
- New collective bargaining structure for North Sea workers a step closer
- RMT reaction to PM's comments on offshore wind power
- RMT reaction to report on zero carbon economy: