13 March 2017
RMT Press Office
RMT hails "massively successful" picketing operation on Merseyrail this morning - press picture from Liverpool Lime Street
RMT General Secretary Mick Cash said:
"The RMT action on Merseyrail this morning is absolutely solid with pickets out in force at all key points and the response on the ground has been wholly positive. It has been a massively successful operation.
"This strike is about safety and about putting the welfare of the travelling public before the profits of the private rail companies. The public understand that and its about time Merseyrail and their cheerleaders woke up to that reality, got out the bunker and started serious talks with the union that secure a safe future for their services and the guarantee of a guard on their trains."
Photo attached from early this morning at Liverpool Lime Street. Credit: RMT.
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: merseyrail, guards, dispute
- Merseyrail cleaners demonstration
- Action solidly supported again today on East Midlands Railways as company continue to flout normal safety rules
- As East Midlands train managers prepare to strike again this weekend the union raises yet more serious safety concerns over strike-breaking operation
- Merseyside politicians unite to slam Merseyrail’s treatment of heroic cleaners
- RMT demands action from safety regulator