19 August 2020
RMT Press Office:
RMT Senior Assistant General Secretary Mick Lynch said:
“The fact that this Government appears to be pushing ahead with yet another extortionate fare rise in January shows just how out of touch they are.
"This regressive fare increase hits the low paid hardest and will only serve to price more passenger off our railways and push even more people into their cars at a time when rail is in crisis.
"What we urgently need to see is bold and innovative leadership to give passengers what they want, a publicly owned railway with affordable and flexible ticketing that’s good value and suits their needs as part of the Covid-19 recovery.”
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: Flexible Season Tickets, Ticketing, Rail Fares
- RMT research reveals high productivity levels of TFL staff as Government threaten savage cuts and attacks on workforce as part of finance deal
- Coalition of Londoners calls for an end to ‘appalling attack’ on the Capital’s transport
- RMT condemns disgusting Halloween nightmare jobs assault on over eighty staff at Liverpool's world-famous Adelphi Hotel
- RMT on politically motivated attacks on TfL
- RMT on reports of Solent tanker hijacking