13 June 2014
Our Ref: BR2/14/1
13th June 2014
RE-ORGANISATION & REDUNDANCIES – HEATHROW EXPRESS
Further to previous correspondence on the above matter, I can report that talks between your union and Heathrow Express management have taken place under the auspices of ACAS, the Government conciliation service. At the talks your union’s negotiating team put forward many new and constructive ideas to find a way forward and perhaps a resolution to this dispute.
However, the company failed to see this as an opportunity to negotiate and refused to withdraw their proposals to cut jobs and to worsen terms and conditions. Even ACAS remarked “[that] RMT put everything across but nothing came back”.
It is now clear that HEX has no intention of trying resolve this matter and as a result of management’s intransigence, all Heathrow Express members are instructed to take the following strike action:
Do not to book on for any shifts that commence between:-
• 12:00 hours on Thursday 19th June 2014 to 11:59 hours on Friday 20th June 2014.
• 03:00 hours on Sunday 22nd June 2014 to 02:59 hours on Monday 23rd June 2014.
Furthermore members are instructed to take industrial action short of a strike by refusing to work any overtime between the following hours: -
• 12:00 hours on Friday 20th June 2014 to 02:59 hours on Sunday 22nd June 2014.
• 03:00 hours on Monday 23rd June 2014 to 02:59 hours on Tuesday 24th June 2014.
• 03:00 hours on Saturday 28th June 2014 until 02:59 hours on Monday 30th June 2014.
• 03:00 hours on Saturday 5th July 2014 until 02:59 hours on Monday 7th July 2014.
Your determination and solidarity in this dispute can only be applauded. I urge you to continue your support for your union’s stance and call on members to keep up the fight to protect your jobs and your hard won terms and conditions.
UNITY IS STRENGTH
SUPPORT YOUR UNION
SUPPORT THE ACTION
I will, of course, keep you fully advised on any further developments.
Acting General Secretary