25 November 2016
RMT Press Office:
RMT Responds to Transport Select Committee on Bus Services Bill
General Secretary Mick Cash said:
“RMT welcomes the Committees support for greater consultation with trade unions and opposing the governments ban on local authorities establishing municipal bus services.
“The fact is however that the Bus Services Bill is tinkering at the edges of a failed privatised bus industry which has seem the same corporate cowboys who run our railways such as Go- Ahead presiding over rising profits, increased fares and fewer services, made even worse by massive government cuts.
“Buses are an essential public service and it is about time they are treated as such and returned to the public sector as part of a national and local integrated transport strategy.”
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: bus services bill, transport select committee
- RMT calls on London Mayor
- Transport union RMT responds to Government net zero strategy
- RMT suspends Stagecoach South West strike action tomorrow
- As Southeastern passes into public ownership today, RMT reveals true cost of private sector failure
- RMT Scotrail members continue their battle today as Scottish rail workers step up fight for pay justice during COP26