25 November 2016
RMT Press Office:
RMT Responds to Transport Select Committee on Bus Services Bill
General Secretary Mick Cash said:
“RMT welcomes the Committees support for greater consultation with trade unions and opposing the governments ban on local authorities establishing municipal bus services.
“The fact is however that the Bus Services Bill is tinkering at the edges of a failed privatised bus industry which has seem the same corporate cowboys who run our railways such as Go- Ahead presiding over rising profits, increased fares and fewer services, made even worse by massive government cuts.
“Buses are an essential public service and it is about time they are treated as such and returned to the public sector as part of a national and local integrated transport strategy.”
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: bus services bill, transport select committee
- RMT research reveals high productivity levels of TFL staff as Government threaten savage cuts and attacks on workforce as part of finance deal
- Coalition of Londoners calls for an end to ‘appalling attack’ on the Capital’s transport
- RMT condemns disgusting Halloween nightmare jobs assault on over eighty staff at Liverpool's world-famous Adelphi Hotel
- RMT on politically motivated attacks on TfL
- RMT on reports of Solent tanker hijacking