28 June 2018
RMT Press Office:
RMT announces strike action of transplant train maintenance and stores staff at London Underground’s Ruislip Depot
TUBE UNION RMT has confirmed that strike action will take place by transplant train maintenance and stores staff at London Underground’s Ruislip Depot.
The strike action is over a dispute about pay parity and payments associated with Train Preparation based on the duties staff undertake in their role.
All Advanced Train Maintainer, Duty Maintenance Manager, Team Leader (Train Maintenance) members at Ruislip depot are instructed to take strike action by NOT BOOKING ON FOR ANY SHIFTS THAT COMMENCE BETWEEN:-
• 07:00 hours on Thursday 12th July to 07:00 hours on Friday 13th July 2018
• 19:00 hours on Friday 13th July to 07:00 hours on Saturday 14th July 2018
• 07:00 hours on Sunday 15th July to 19:00 hours on Sunday 15th July 2018
RMT General Secretary Mick Cash said:
“Despite previous industrial action, the only proposals tabled by the company so far to resolve this dispute have been on a self-financing basis involving job losses and productivity measure, which is why we have been left with no choice but to call further strike action in the pursuit of justice for our members.
“The union remains available for meaningful talks.”
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: transplant, stores, ruislip depot, london underground, maintenance, lul, tube
- RMT Leader Mick Cash responds to Chris Grayling appointment
- RMT to step up fight over jobs, pay and conditions
- RMT reaction to LUL plans to refuse cash for ticket purchases
- RMT to lead fight against transport austerity in the wake of COVID pandemic
- Initial RMT response to Secretary of State's interim report into Carmont derailment