5 April 2021
RMT Press Office:
Eurostar union RMT backs calls this morning for support to save vital rail link.
With the Government set to publish its plans for the return of international travel today (Monday) Eurostar union RMT has backed growing calls this morning from across for the industry for the Government to put in place a specific support package for Eurostar to ensure that as travel resumes the lowest carbon international travel option remains available to the British public.
General Secretary Mick Cash said;
"As the main Eurostar union RMT supports the calls today to save this vital environmentally sound link between the UK and our neighbours in Europe.
"The UK and French governments must work with the private stakeholders to put together a financial package that provides the bridge to survival for this service which supports 3,000 UK jobs and keeps our economies and communities connected."
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: Eurostar, Save Eurostar, Rail Jobs
- RMT warns Government won’t cut carbon emissions by cutting public transport services
- RMT launches 'No Cuts at Network Rail' campaign
- RMT response to RAIB interim report into Carmont tragedy
- Fourth day of strike action by Scotrail conductors
- RMT analysis reveals it's one rule for the bosses another for the frontline workers at Abellio Scotrail