19 November 2018
RMT Press Office:
RMT calls for Chris Grayling's resignation as rail services plunged into chaos again this morning.
RMT General Secretary Mick Cash said;
"The chaos into Waterloo this morning is just another example of the fragmentation and division on Britain's privatised railways where maintenance schedules and budgets are hacked to the bare bones while private operators like SWR are left with a free hand to rob the network blind in the name of profit.
"What we need is reintegration and a coherent system with all elements of the rail operation working together in one publicly owned framework with investment rather than exploitation as the watchword."
"While the crisis on our railways deepens the Transport Secretary Chris Grayling is marked absent while he ponders his self-interest and a possible resignation from the May Government. He should go, and he should go now."
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: swr, south western railway, chris grayling, transport secretary, waterloo
- RMT suspends Stagecoach South West strike action tomorrow
- As Southeastern passes into public ownership today, RMT reveals true cost of private sector failure
- RMT Scotrail members continue their battle today as Scottish rail workers step up fight for pay justice during COP26
- As Southeastern fails RMT calls for end to privatisation
- RMT strike on Stagecoach South West goes ahead