18 November 2019
RMT Press Office
RMT calls for SWR to be stripped of franchise as drive to DOO delays new fleet
Rail union RMT called this morning for SWR to be stripped of Britain's biggest franchise out of Waterloo after the introduction of new fleet was delayed yet again due to software problems over the driver-controlled door operation.
General Secretary Mick Cash said;
"The SWR franchise is a national disgrace and the outfit responsible for it should be kicked out for repeated failures and the public sector brought in with a key objective of putting safety and accessibility first.
"This latest fiasco over the introduction of driver controlled fleet reinforces everything that RMT has been fighting for in the dispute over the safety critical role of the guard as we prepare for a further month of industrial action."
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
- RMT steps up fight for rail jobs as Grand Central confirms savage cuts
- RMT Leader Mick Cash responds to Chris Grayling appointment
- RMT to step up fight over jobs, pay and conditions
- RMT reaction to LUL plans to refuse cash for ticket purchases
- RMT to lead fight against transport austerity in the wake of COVID pandemic