4 May 2021
RMT Press Office:
RAIL UNION RMT confirmed today that following a second well supported industrial action ballot it has announced three strike dates this month on East Midlands Railway.
East Midlands Railway have imposed different contracts that include a reduction of £5,500 in the first year of employment and are also rostering additional hours expected to be worked that are explicitly against the terms and conditions.
The National Executive Committee has now considered the matter and has taken the decision to call on all our EMR Senior Conductor members to take industrial action by not booking on for any shifts that commence between:
• 00.01 hours until 23.59 hours on Sunday 16th May 2021
• 00.01 hours until 23.59 hours on Sunday 23rd May 2021
• 00.01 hours until 23.59 hours on Sunday 30th May 2021
RMT General Secretary Mick Cash said:
“RMT has been left with no choice but to call strike action on East Midlands Trains.
“Despite clear demands from RMT East Midlands Railway have refused to stop enforcing these inferior contracts for some train guards which have been resisted for years and the patience of members has now reached its limit.
“The union remains available for talks to resolve this dispute.”
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: East Midlands Railway, Senior Conductors, Safety
- RMT on cancelled services on LNER and Great Western today
- RMT conductors to strike on East Midlands Railway over safety
- RMT launches 'No Cuts at Network Rail' campaign
- As pubs reopen RMT calls for respect for safety and staff on the transport network
- RMT on Labour call for Transport worker Covid safety forum