25 June 2020
RMT Press Office:
Rail union RMT demands that Government get a grip after Bournemouth chaos
RMT Assistant General Secretary Mick Lynch said;
"RMT has warned repeatedly that the confused and conflicted messaging from Government risked unleashing chaos on our transport services with social distancing a physical impossibility. That is exactly what has happened in Bournemouth and other coastal resorts with potentially lethal consequences.
"The Government message that we are back to business as usual is at the heart of today's major incident. It is our members at the sharp end on the coastal rail services and it is appalling that their health and livelihoods are being put on the line. The Government need to get a grip and work with the whole industry on safe methods of control and access. This union will do everything in our power to protect RMT members in this free for all. "
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: Covid-19, Tory Government, Social Distancing
- RMT calls for an end to the charade of rail privatisation
- RMT urges greater awareness for Seafarer's Mental Health
- RMT demands Government support to protect jobs at Eurostar
- RMT says future government support for rail services must not be tied to cuts
- RMT Demands Pension Justice for Maritime Workers