12 August 2016
RMT Press Office
RMT General Secretary Mick Cash said;
"Our Eurostar Train Manager members are solid, determined and united this morning as they kick off the first phase of strike action in a fight for a decent work/life balance.
"Pickets are out at St Pancras International as we send the message to the company that we expect them to honour basic agreements with the union that date back eight years.
"There will be talks this morning and all that we are asking for is that our members get a fair crack when it comes to anti-social hours and that agreements we signed up to in good faith are stuck to."
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
- Action solidly supported again today on East Midlands Railways as company continue to flout normal safety rules
- As East Midlands train managers prepare to strike again this weekend the union raises yet more serious safety concerns over strike-breaking operation
- RMT confirms Serco Caledonian Sleeper strike dates
- RMT backs Eurostar support calls
- RMT on reports today of crisis talks over future of Eurostar