30 July 2016
RMT Press Office:
RMT General Secretary Mick Cash on Scotrail picket line at Glasgow Queen Street this morning.
RMT Press picture hand out.
RMT General Secretary Mick Cash on picket line at Glasgow Queen Street this morning
Mick Cash said;
"Our members on Scotrail stand solid and determined again this morning in the fight for safety on rail services across Scotland. Their resilience in the teeth of a campaign of dirty tricks and misinformation from their own employers is a credit to the whole trade union movement.
"The way that Abellio/Scotrail have systematically tried to belittle the safety critical role of their guards at a time of increasing danger on our rail services is disgraceful. The fact that the Scottish Government have sat back and allowed that to happen is appalling.
"Abellio/Scotrail need to get out of their bunker mentality and start addressing the core range of safety issues that go right to the heart of this dispute."
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: scotrail, abellio, doo, driver only operation, guards, conductors
- RMT calls on National Rail Enquiries and Train Operating Companies to ensure accessibility for their website
- As pubs reopen RMT calls for respect for safety and staff on the transport network
- Third day of strike action by ScotRail conductors
- Third day of RMT ScotRail action
- London Labour politicians support bringing Tube cleaners back in-house