15 May 2019
RMT Press Office:
RMT London Overground Travel Safe Officers to strike tomorrow in pay justice fight
Rail union RMT has confirmed that London Overground Travel Safe Officers will be taking further strike action tomorrow over a pay freeze which would effectively mean a slide into poverty pay for these essential workers.
STM Travel Safe Officer members on the Arriva Rail London contract will take industrial action by not booking on for any shifts that commence between:-
• 00:01 HOURS AND 23:59 HOURS ON THURSDAY 16TH MAY 2019
It follows on from a previous round of rock-solid action earlier this month.
RMT General Secretary Mick Cash said;
“Travel Safe Officers offer security for passengers and staff against a background of increasing anti-social and violent behaviour on the railways. Despite previous rock-solid strike action the company still refuse to listen and have left us with no option but to confirm a further phase.
“Our members do an important job on London Overground and deserve to be paid properly for the work that they do. A pay freeze for workers on a low wage is an insult and represents a pay cut in real terms.
“STM Group believes that they can pay their workers a pittance and get away with it. They are wrong and it is about time they faced up to that reality.
“RMT remains available for talks and is ready to enter into serious negotiations in order resolve the dispute.”
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: london overground, arriva rail london, travel safe officers, pay justice
- Tube cleaning contract puts cost-cutting and profits before safety
- RMT calls for an end to the charade of rail privatisation
- RMT demands Government support to protect jobs at Eurostar
- RMT urges greater awareness for Seafarer's Mental Health
- RMT says future government support for rail services must not be tied to cuts