22 March 2021
RMT Press Office:
RMT members working at Unipart Rail Doncaster will be taking industrial action next month following a ballot after a derisory pay offer from the company.
Unipart Rail’s Doncaster warehouse supplies parts to the rail industry.
With effect from 00:01 hours on Friday 2nd April 2021, until further notice, RMT members working at Unipart Rail Doncaster are instructed:-
Not to work any non-contractual overtime
Not to work on a rest day
RMT General Secretary Mick Cash said:
“RMT members at Unipart Rail Doncaster have been forced to take industrial action following a paltry pay offer for their hard work over the last year.
“All workers in the transport industry should be adequately rewarded for the work that they do. Our members deserve a decent pay rise, especially for the work they have done keeping the company running during the current pandemic.
“ RMT remains available for talks and is ready to enter into negotiations in order resolve the current dispute.”
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: Unipart Rail, Pay, Conditions, Rail
- RMT Scotrail members continue their battle today as Scottish rail workers step up fight for pay justice during COP26
- RMT suspends Stagecoach South West strike action tomorrow
- As Southeastern passes into public ownership today, RMT reveals true cost of private sector failure
- RMT strike on Stagecoach South West goes ahead
- As Southeastern fails RMT calls for end to privatisation