22 December 2017
RMT Press Office
General Secretary Mick Cash said;
"Once again on Merseyrail this morning our members are standing rock solid in the fight for rail safety and against the plans to throw the guards off our trains.
"It's about time that the senior Labour politicians on Merseyside took a lesson out of the book of the elected representatives in Wales and Scotland who have been instrumental in securing agreements to guarantee a guard on their rail services.
"RMT's fight for a safe, secure and accessible rail service for all continues and our members involved in that battle are a credit to the entire trade union movement."
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: merseyrail, guards, dispute
- Grant Shapps is allowing rail dispute to continue
- RMT responds to Rail Minister speech
- RMT says strike action on Cross Country trains solidly supported in all depots today
- RMT says strike action on Cross Country trains goes ahead from tomorrow after company snub settlement in last ditch talks
- RMT calls strike action on Cross Country trains from Christmas eve over attack on the guards’ grade