21 July 2015
RMT Press Office
Commenting on the RSSB annual report today General Secretary Mick Cash said;
"These are truly shocking figures that are a wake up call for the politicians and train companies pressing ahead with cash-led plans to axe staff from trains and stations.
"RMT has warned repeatedly that sacking guards and destaffing the platforms would turn our railways into a criminals' paradise and here is the concrete evidence that shows the consequences of crashing on regardless.
"RMT will use this latest evidence as we continue to campaign and fight to retain safety critical staff on our transport services. "
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: safety, rail, assaults. rssb
- Transport union RMT responds to Government net zero strategy
- RMT suspends Stagecoach South West strike action tomorrow
- As Southeastern passes into public ownership today, RMT reveals true cost of private sector failure
- RMT Scotrail members continue their battle today as Scottish rail workers step up fight for pay justice during COP26
- RMT strike on Stagecoach South West goes ahead