30 October 2017
RMT Press Office:
"This decision by Arriva to abandon their operations in Wales exposes the whole flakey and opportunist nature of the rail franchising process. They appear to have pulled out because they can't make enough money which is extraordinary.
"This news presents a golden opportunity for the Welsh to take back control of their railways through public ownership and that opportunity should be seized with both hands."
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: arriva trains wales, atw, arriva, wales and borders franchise
- Transport union RMT responds to Government net zero strategy
- RMT suspends Stagecoach South West strike action tomorrow
- As Southeastern passes into public ownership today, RMT reveals true cost of private sector failure
- RMT Scotrail members continue their battle today as Scottish rail workers step up fight for pay justice during COP26
- RMT strike on Stagecoach South West goes ahead