6 July 2020
RMT Press Office:
RMT Senior Assistant General Secretary Mick Lynch said;
"It is outrageous for Boris Johnson to wheel out the dangerous nonsense of driverless trains as a condition of the emergency Covid-19 funding of Transport for London. This is the sort of cheap political stunt that was a hallmark of his time as Mayor and we would have hoped he would have grown up by now.
"Transport services don't need this kind of political grandstanding to the Tory right - they need security of funding, services and jobs. The Prime Minister needs to cut out this sort of garbage and get a grip of the serious challenges facing the transport sector as the lockdown eases. "
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: Covid-19, Boris Johnson, Transport for London, TfL, driverless trains
- RMT calls for urgent action to prevent Eurostar collapse
- RMT pledges national fight for COVID-safe working on Britain's railways
- RMT statement on TFL Financial Sustainability Plan
- RMT on confirmation of COVID rail route and capacity cuts
- RMT demands full disclosure of TFL Financial Sustainability Plan