15 January 2018
RMT Press Office:
RMT demands immediate protection and guarantees for workers caught in Carillion collapse
RMT General Secretary Mick Cash said;
"This is disastrous news for the workforce and disastrous news for transport and public services in Britain and RMT has been warning since Thursday night that we thought the collapse of the company was imminent.
"The blame for this lies squarely with the Government who are obsessed with out sourcing key works to these high risk, private enterprises.
"RMT will be demanding urgent meetings with Network Rail and the train companies today with the objective of protecting our members jobs and pensions.
"The infra structure and support works must be immediately taken in house with the workforce protected.
"Chris Grayling and his Tory colleagues must be forced to take responsibility for this crisis which is wholly of their making."
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: carillion, network rail, tory government
- RMT calls on National Rail Enquiries and Train Operating Companies to ensure accessibility for their website
- As pubs reopen RMT calls for respect for safety and staff on the transport network
- Third day of strike action by ScotRail conductors
- Third day of RMT ScotRail action
- London Labour politicians support bringing Tube cleaners back in-house