21 November 2016
RMT Press Office:
RMT on demands from Rail Delivery Group this morning for more corporate welfare in Autumn Statement for Britain's bloated private rail companies.
RMT General Secretary Mick Cash said;
"This is the same bunch of chancers who have wrecked our railways under two decades of privatisation and they are basically demanding more of the same.
"When they talk of modernisation and new technology what they really mean is axing guards and other staff in the drive to cut corners and ramp up profits.
"The public will see through this for what it is, more profiteering and chaos at the expense of the passenger."
The RDG have placed their demands through the letters page in today's Times.
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: rail delivery group, rdg, autumn statement, rail union, rmt
- RMT Scotrail members continue their battle today as Scottish rail workers step up fight for pay justice during COP26
- RMT suspends Stagecoach South West strike action tomorrow
- As Southeastern passes into public ownership today, RMT reveals true cost of private sector failure
- RMT strike on Stagecoach South West goes ahead
- As Southeastern fails RMT calls for end to privatisation