8 May 2017
RMT Press Office
RMT on London Bridge strike action in defence of sacked and victimised members
General Secretary Mick Cash said;
"RMT members are solid in their support of the three members at London Bridge who have been subjected to the most appalling miscarriage of justice after a violent incident involving a fare-dodger at the station last autumn.
"The union is well aware that LU have mobilised an expensive and sophisticated scabbing operation that raises serious issues about the safety of the travelling public. We will be monitoring that situation throughout the day and filing reports to the regulator.
"Instead of wasting time and money on bank-rolling a scab army LU should be recognising their duty of care to front-line staff confronted with violent thugs on their stations and supporting out members who have been sacked and victimised as a result of this shocking incident.
"RMT will continue to fight for the sacking and disciplinary sanctions to be lifted. We remain available for talks."
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: London Bridge Three, Strike
- RMT calls on London Mayor
- Transport union RMT responds to Government net zero strategy
- As Southeastern passes into public ownership today, RMT reveals true cost of private sector failure
- RMT Scotrail members continue their battle today as Scottish rail workers step up fight for pay justice during COP26
- RMT suspends Stagecoach South West strike action tomorrow