3 June 2015
RMT Press Office
RMT on predictions of chaos at London Bridge tonight after freight train derailment at Charlton.
General Secretary Mick Cash said
“RMT awaits the investigation report into this derailment but it is clear that we can expect absolute chaos again at London Bridge this evening and the company appear to be confirming that on their website.
“RMT remains concerned that our members on the station, who have been abused and assaulted in the past, will once again be in the front line of passenger anger and we will be monitoring the situation after overcrowding at London Bridge earlier this year reached dangerous levels on a number of occasions.”
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: london bridge, derailment, charlton
- RMT calls on London Mayor
- Transport union RMT responds to Government net zero strategy
- As Southeastern passes into public ownership today, RMT reveals true cost of private sector failure
- RMT Scotrail members continue their battle today as Scottish rail workers step up fight for pay justice during COP26
- RMT suspends Stagecoach South West strike action tomorrow