29 July 2016
RMT Press Office:
RMT presses Govia Thameslink for urgent talks in Southern guards safety dispute.
RMT presses Govia Thameslink for urgent talks in Southern guards safety dispute
Mick Cash, RMT General Secretary, said
"RMT officials have already cleared the diaries and are available for serious and genuine ACAS talks which is exactly what we have been calling for all along.
"On top of that we repeat our offer in good faith to suspend action if the company agree to suspend the planned changes to the safety critical role of the guard and the bulldozing through of the new contracts without agreement
"That would create the space for talks to take place outside of the pressure cooker. RMT will be at ACAS to discuss the full range of detailed issues at the core of this dispute".
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: southern, gtr, govia, doo, driver only operation, guards, conductors
- RMT calls on National Rail Enquiries and Train Operating Companies to ensure accessibility for their website
- As pubs reopen RMT calls for respect for safety and staff on the transport network
- Third day of strike action by ScotRail conductors
- Third day of RMT ScotRail action
- London Labour politicians support bringing Tube cleaners back in-house