3 March 2021
RMT Press Office:
FERRIES UNION RMT today responded to the Isle of Man Government’s decision to introduce a 21-day ‘circuit breaker’ lock down in response to a rise in Coronavirus cases.
RMT General Secretary, Mick Cash said:
“Whilst we support the Manx Government’s move, it is important to remember that Isle of Man Steam Packet workers have kept the island’s people, health services and businesses supplied with food, medical equipment and other goods throughout the pandemic and will continue to work hard to do so during the circuit breaker lock down.
“Ferry workers must not be blamed for this outbreak and RMT will work with all parties to ensure that infection rates are suppressed and brought back under control, ahead of a successful re-opening of the Manx economy.”
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: Covid-19, Isle of Man, Steam Packet, Ferries
- RMT warns Government won’t cut carbon emissions by cutting public transport services
- RMT launches 'No Cuts at Network Rail' campaign
- RMT response to RAIB interim report into Carmont tragedy
- Fourth day of strike action by Scotrail conductors
- RMT analysis reveals it's one rule for the bosses another for the frontline workers at Abellio Scotrail