4 June 2020
RMT Press Office
Tube union RMT responds to news night tube will remain suspended until next spring
Responding to news that the night tube will be suspended until Spring 2021 RMT general secretary Mick Cash said:
“The confirmation that there will be no night tube until March next year is a reminder of how fragile the situation is across London's transport services as we slowly emerge from the COVID-19 lockdown.
“It is also a reminder of why TFL will need continued Government support without strings to protect the services that will be crucial to our recovery from this emergency.
"RMT has made it clear that we will take whatever action is required to protect the jobs and conditions of the staff who have kept essential workers moving throughout this crisis. There must be no return to cuts and austerity.”
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: Night tube, Suspension
- RMT steps up fight to halt jobs carnage at Trump's Turnberry resort
- RMT warning over back to work Monday
- RMT responds to confirmation that Government has nationalised Train Company debt
- RMT warns against crowding on Brighton trains tomorrow
- RMT demands that Rail Gourmet and its parent company call off redundancy threat