12 August 2020
RMT Press Office:
Transport Union RMT responded to Transport for the North’s Northern Infrastructure Pipeline plans which were announced today.
Senior Assistant General Secretary Mick Lynch said;
“Investment to upgrade public transport in the North of England from the government is long overdue and the government should be supporting a national strategy for mass investment in an expanded public transport network that is more frequent, reliable and affordable to use and which can help kick start a green recovery from the coronavirus crisis.
“Central to the plan should be the protection and expansion of public transport jobs and roles to make our network as accessible and safe as possible.”
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: Northern, Northern Railway, Northern Infrastructure Pipeline, Rail, North of England
- RMT calls on London Mayor
- Transport union RMT responds to Government net zero strategy
- RMT suspends Stagecoach South West strike action tomorrow
- As Southeastern passes into public ownership today, RMT reveals true cost of private sector failure
- RMT Scotrail members continue their battle today as Scottish rail workers step up fight for pay justice during COP26