6 September 2020
RMT Press Office
Senior Assistant General Secretary Mick Lynch said;
"Plans to slash the autumn timetable by ten per cent across the board would be a retrograde and damaging step that flies in the face of the Government plans to get Britain back to work.
"RMT is demanding full restoration of services in order to rebuild the economy and keep communities connected. Reports of plans to decimate the timetable would be seen as a hostile act that could usher in further and deeper cuts down the line.
"Any moves towards transport austerity with the purpose of slashing services, jobs and conditions will be vehemently opposed by RMT every step of the way and would be met by a robust and coordinated campaign of action.
"Only public ownership which puts the rail system in the service of the people rather than the profiteer private companies can provide us with a transport system that addresses the needs of both passengers and the environment."
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
- RMT research reveals high productivity levels of TFL staff as Government threaten savage cuts and attacks on workforce as part of finance deal
- Coalition of Londoners calls for an end to ‘appalling attack’ on the Capital’s transport
- RMT condemns disgusting Halloween nightmare jobs assault on over eighty staff at Liverpool's world-famous Adelphi Hotel
- RMT on politically motivated attacks on TfL
- RMT on reports of Solent tanker hijacking