25 June 2015
RMT Press Office
General Secretary Mick Cash said. "Clearly there are major problems on the rail infrastructure which are down to resourcing, fragmentation, short staffing and the fact that vast sums of money that could finance these essential upgrade works are being bled away in private rail company profits.
"To argue that delays to electrification in the North and on the Midland Main Line is consistent with George Osborne's "Northern Powerhouse" rhetoric is ridiculous. Britain's railways will be jammed in the slow lane all the time they are nothing more than a money making racket for the private sector. "
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: network rail, transport secretary, patrick mcloughlin
- RMT Scotrail members continue their battle today as Scottish rail workers step up fight for pay justice during COP26
- RMT suspends Stagecoach South West strike action tomorrow
- As Southeastern passes into public ownership today, RMT reveals true cost of private sector failure
- RMT strike on Stagecoach South West goes ahead
- As Southeastern fails RMT calls for end to privatisation