23 January 2017
RMT Press Office:
RMT response to latest Tory attempt to ban transport strikes.
Mick Cash, RMT General Secretary, said:
“These Tories would ban trade unions full stop if they could get away with it. Their objective is to turn the railways into a money-raking racket for their mates in the private train companies where safety counts for nothing. The Tories behind this Ten Minute Rule Bill won’t be happy until companies like Southern Rail have a free pass to run riot with no opposition whatsoever.
“The workforce, supported by the public, are the front line of defence against this union-baiting, bandit-capitalism which has more in common with a right-wing dictatorship than it does a modern, safe railway.”
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: transport strikes, conservatives, tory, rail union, rmt
- RMT Scotrail members continue their battle today as Scottish rail workers step up fight for pay justice during COP26
- RMT suspends Stagecoach South West strike action tomorrow
- As Southeastern passes into public ownership today, RMT reveals true cost of private sector failure
- RMT strike on Stagecoach South West goes ahead
- As Southeastern fails RMT calls for end to privatisation