28 March 2021
RMT Press Office:
RMT says Scotrail strike action one hundred per cent rock solid this morning and demands company resolve issue of workplace justice for conductors.
RAIL UNION RMT confirmed today that a first phase of industrial action by ScotRail conductors is rock solid this morning in a fight for equality and justice over enhanced payments for rest day working.
General Secretary Mick Cash said;
"RMT Scotrail reps are reporting that this mornings first phase of strike action in this fight for equality and workplace justice is one hundred per cent rock solid as our members send out the clearest possible message to the company that they expect this matter to be resolved and swiftly.
"The wholesale cancellation of services is entirely down to Scotrail and their pig-headed refusal to treat their conductors with the equity and fairness that they deserve.
"Instead of issuing slanderous and provocative statements about front line workers who have kept essential services moving throughout the pandemic Scotrail should be back at the negotiating table settling this very basic issue of equality on enhancements for rest day working. "
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: Scotrail, Conductors, Abellio, Workplace Justice
- RMT calls on National Rail Enquiries and Train Operating Companies to ensure accessibility for their website
- As pubs reopen RMT calls for respect for safety and staff on the transport network
- Third day of strike action by ScotRail conductors
- Third day of RMT ScotRail action
- London Labour politicians support bringing Tube cleaners back in-house