25 March 2021
RMT Press Office:
RMT action goes ahead from Sunday in fight for equality and justice for ScotRail conductors.
RAIL UNION RMT confirmed today that planned industrial action by ScotRail conductors will go ahead from this Sunday in a fight for equality and justice over enhanced payments for rest day working.
The union is appalled that the company are now slandering their own staff for taking action that's been forced on them during the pandemic despite the fact that it is the front line workers who have kept trains running at huge personal risk while Scotrail bosses have been tucked away nice and safe.
After more than 75% of members voted to strike RMT has instructed them not to book on for any shifts that commence between:-
• 00.01 hours until 23.59 hours on Sunday 28th March 2021
• 00.01 hours until 23.59 hours on Sunday 4th April 2021
• 00.01 hours until 23.59 hours on Sunday 11th April 2021
• 00.01 hours until 23.59 hours on Sunday 18th April 2021
• 00.01 hours until 23.59 hours on Sunday 25th April 2021
• 00.01 hours until 23.59 hours on Sunday 2nd May 2021
The union has said it will give notice of further Sundays of action if no agreement is reached with the company.
Additionally, all our Abellio ScotRail Conductor members are instructed not to work any Rest Days or undertake any Higher Grade Duties from 00.01 hours on Friday 26th March 2021 until further notice.
RMT General Secretary Mick Cash said:
“I have no doubt that our ScotRail members will show full support and stand shoulder to shoulder during the days of industrial action. It's frankly disgusting that rather than recognising the issues at the heart of this dispute the company have resorted to disgraceful mud slinging.
"Staff at the front line who have put themselves at huge risk during this pandemic will take no lectures from company bosses who have kept themselves well clear from danger.
“We have made it clear that we will not allow ScotRail to divide the workforce and are demanding that ScotRail do what is fair and honour an enhanced rate for rest day working for all grades.”
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: ScotRail, Conductors, Guards, Pay Justice
- Heroic West Coast train cleaners strike for pay justice
- RMT pledges to fight ScotRail ticket office plans
- RMT says strike action on Cross Country trains solidly supported in all depots today
- RMT says strike action on Cross Country trains goes ahead from tomorrow after company snub settlement in last ditch talks
- RMT calls strike action on Cross Country trains from Christmas eve over attack on the guards’ grade