1 July 2020
RMT Press Office
Adelphi hotel union RMT today slammed plans by owners Britannia to axe nearly half of the staff under the cover of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Out of a total of 178 employees at the historic hotel 83 have been placed at risk with the union awaiting firm details.
RMT Assistant General Secretary Mick Lynch said;
"This news is a hammer blow to the hard working staff at the historic Adelphi Hotel in Liverpool and RMT will do everything in our power to support our members and their livelihoods.
"This is yet more bad news for the hospitality and hotel sector and the Government cannot simply sit back and allow this jobs carnage to rip. RMT will be calling on the people of Liverpool to stand with the Adelphi staff in resisting these savage cuts. "
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
- RMT call to reinstate redundant jobs at Adelphi Hotel
- RMT slams threat to axe nearly half of the staff at Britannia's famous Liverpool Adelphi Hotel
- RMT protests over poverty pay at Liverpool’s Adelphi Hotel
- Adelphi workers to strike over poverty pay
- Adelphi workers to vote on action over poverty pay