26 June 2016
RMT Press Office:
Transport union RMT statement in support of Jeremy Corbyn.
Responding to the attacks on Jeremy Corbyn, RMT General Secretary Mick Cash
"By peddling the ludicrous notion that Jeremy is some how
responsible for the EU referendum result, Jeremy's critics are in fact insulting
the intelligence of voters and in doing so further alienating millions of
natural Labour supporters who are quite capable of making up their own minds and
who voted for what they believed in.
"After a divisive referendum, and
with the Tories on the ropes, working class people want the Labour Party to
unite and address their concerns, instead those attacking Jeremy risk plunging
the party into civil war and handing a gift to the Tories
renewed the faith that many rank and file trade unionists have in the Labour
Party which is vital in helping Labour assist in maintaining and increasing
support amongst it's base. Trying to force him from office will weaken not
strengthen the Labour Party."
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: rmt, jeremy corbyn, labour
- RMT steps up fight for rail jobs as Grand Central confirms savage cuts
- RMT Leader Mick Cash responds to Chris Grayling appointment
- RMT to step up fight over jobs, pay and conditions
- RMT reaction to LUL plans to refuse cash for ticket purchases
- RMT to lead fight against transport austerity in the wake of COVID pandemic