3 July 2019
RMT Press Office:
RMT General Secretary Mick Cash said;
"This is shocking news. RMT is attempting to establish the full facts but our immediate reaction is that this is an appalling tragedy and that no one working on the railway should be placed in the situation that has resulted in the deaths that have been reported this morning.
"As well as demanding answers from Network Rail, and a suspension of all similar works until the facts are established, the union will be supporting, our members and their families at this time. Our thoughts are with those involved in this incident and their loved ones. The union will issue further statements as the facts become clear. "
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: rail workers, wales, track safety
- Transport union RMT responds to Government net zero strategy
- As Southeastern passes into public ownership today, RMT reveals true cost of private sector failure
- RMT Scotrail members continue their battle today as Scottish rail workers step up fight for pay justice during COP26
- RMT suspends Stagecoach South West strike action tomorrow
- As Southeastern fails RMT calls for end to privatisation