13 January 2015
RMT Press Office: Photo © HOLT
RMT steps up tube cuts fight with Central Line demo against ticket office closures
RMT Central Line activists, alongside community groups, will be taking the fight against the closure of tube ticket offices to the public this Thursday 15th January at 17.00 hours with a demo and petition signing outside Shepherds Bush Central Line Station.
Shepherds Bush is one of the first Stations to have its ticket office to be closed and it is in line to be turned into a Tesco’s, depriving the local people and shoppers at Westfield of a vital ticket office facility that is still heavily in use and still supported by the public *
RMT general Secretary Mick Cash said;
“The fight against LUL ticket office closures goes on and is widely supported by the public. Its ludicrous that one of the first to close is Shepherds Bush, which was totally redeveloped to sit along side the new Westfield shopping centre and re-generation of the Shepherds Bush area and has seen a massive increase in passengers using the station and the ticket office as a result.
"RMT will continue to oppose the ridiculous plan for ticket office closures and will continue to keep the pressure on the mayor and LUL to put customers first."
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: london underground, lul, ticket office closures
- RMT suspends Stagecoach South West strike action tomorrow
- As Southeastern passes into public ownership today, RMT reveals true cost of private sector failure
- RMT Scotrail members continue their battle today as Scottish rail workers step up fight for pay justice during COP26
- As Southeastern fails RMT calls for end to privatisation
- RMT strike on Stagecoach South West goes ahead