27 January 2017
RMT Press Office:
RMT welcomes Arriva Northern offer to agree train despatch and safety.
RAIL UNION RMT welcomed correspondence received from Arriva Northern which offers to work out an agreement with the union on the best method of train dispatch and staff safety competencies.
The union particularly welcomes the fact that the company says it is prepared to offer a guarantee of second person in addition to the driver on their trains.
In view of these developments RMT is seeking an urgent meeting with the company to come up with a comprehensive proposal to meet these objectives
RMT General Secretary Mick Cash said:
“RMT welcomes the opportunity to engage in positive talks with Arriva Northern over the best method for train dispatch and staff safety competencies and will be seeking a meeting with the company at the earliest opportunity.
“Ultimately our aim will be to receive a guarantee that there will be a second safety critical member of staff on board their trains.”
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: arriva rail north, northern rail, doo driver only operation, guards, conductors
- RMT calls on National Rail Enquiries and Train Operating Companies to ensure accessibility for their website
- As pubs reopen RMT calls for respect for safety and staff on the transport network
- Third day of strike action by ScotRail conductors
- Third day of RMT ScotRail action
- London Labour politicians support bringing Tube cleaners back in-house