24 June 2019
RMT Press Office:
RMT's Mick Cash reacts to Shadow Transport Secretary Andy McDonald unveiling Labour transport priorities at union AGM today
RMT General Secretary Mick Cash said;
"It is hugely significant that Andy McDonald has used the platform of RMT's AGM to map out his plans for a publicly owned transport system that puts the workforce right at the centre. That is a massive change after nearly 25 years of privatisation and deregulation which has been loaded towards the interests of big business with passengers and staff kicked to the sidelines.
"RMT also welcomes Labour support for our campaign for travel facilities for all rail workers.
"With an election now looking imminent RMT will push our agenda for rail, buses and maritime right under the spotlight and we will fight to turn the tide on a generation of profiteering under successive governments."
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: andy mcdonald, labour party, rmt agm
- Transport union RMT responds to Government net zero strategy
- RMT suspends Stagecoach South West strike action tomorrow
- As Southeastern passes into public ownership today, RMT reveals true cost of private sector failure
- RMT Scotrail members continue their battle today as Scottish rail workers step up fight for pay justice during COP26
- RMT strike on Stagecoach South West goes ahead