19 September 2019
RMT Press Office:
RMT's Mick Cash response to Grant Shapps’ admission on Sky this morning that train companies put profits over people.
RMT General Secretary Mick Cash responding to Grant Shapps’ admission on Sky this morning that train companies put profits over people, said;
"When even hard line Tories start openly admitting that private train companies are putting profits top of their priorities you know that the days of this rail racketeering are well and truly numbered.
"Safety, access and quality of service are mere afterthoughts on Britain's rip-off railways. It is no longer a question of if the whole system is taken into public ownership. It's a question of when."
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: grant shapps, tory government, rail privatisation
- Tube cleaning contract puts cost-cutting and profits before safety
- RMT calls for an end to the charade of rail privatisation
- RMT demands Government support to protect jobs at Eurostar
- RMT urges greater awareness for Seafarer's Mental Health
- RMT says future government support for rail services must not be tied to cuts