17 October 2016
SOUTHERN (GTR)STRIKE ACTION REMAINS ON
TO ALL SOUTHERN CONDUCTOR MEMBERS
Our Ref: BR2/0146
17th October 2016
ROLE OF THE GUARD & EXTENSION OF DOO – SOUTHERN (GTR)
STRIKE ACTION REMAINS ON
You may have seen today that Southern are trying to negotiate through the press and engaging in PR instead of negotiating with your union. The company has rehashed the £2000 bribe despite being advised time and again that this dispute is not about money it’s about the safety of passengers and the protection of the safety role of the Conductor.
As you are fully aware, Southern has refused to negotiate seriously with the RMT on the retention of the Conductor despite public support and is rehashing their previous position on this matter. The RMT has advised the company that we are ready to hold serious talks at any time.
Members are reminded that the planned three days of strike action due to commence at 00.01 hours on Tuesday 18th October 2016 remains on.
I urge you to stand united and show your strength of feeling against management’s blatant disregard for the safety and security of our members and the travelling public.
STAND FIRM – SAY NO TO DOO
SUPPORT YOUR UNION – SUPPORT THE STRIKE
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: southern, govia, gtr, doo, driver only operation, guards, conductors
- Rail cleaner Covid heroes ballot begins
- Cleaners serve notice of strike ballot
- RMT says strike action on Cross Country trains solidly supported in all depots today
- RMT says strike action on Cross Country trains goes ahead from tomorrow after company snub settlement in last ditch talks
- RMT calls strike action on Cross Country trains from Christmas eve over attack on the guards’ grade