4 April 2021
RMT Press Office:
Scotrail conductors standing firm and united on second day of strike action in fight for workplace justice.
RAIL UNION RMT said that Scotrail conductors are standing firm and united on a second day of strike action in a fight for workplace equality and justice over enhanced payments for rest day working.
RMT General Secretary Mick Cash said;
"Our Scotrail Conductor members are standing firm and united again this morning in a fight for fairness and equality for a group of essential workers who deserve better than the abuse and contempt that has been dished out to them by their employer.
"Abellio are determined to squeeze every last penny that they can out of the dying months of this franchise and if that means kicking staff in the teeth in the process they have shown that they are prepared to do just that.
"RMT thanks the public for their support for this campaign for basic workplace justice for Scotrail staff but it's now time for the political leadership in Scotland to get off the fence and demand that Abellio play fair by their front-line workforce on the basic issue of enhanced payments for rest day working.
"RMT remains available for serious and meaningful talks. "
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: ScotRail, Abellio, Conductors, Rest Day Working
- RMT warns Government won’t cut carbon emissions by cutting public transport services
- RMT launches 'No Cuts at Network Rail' campaign
- RMT response to RAIB interim report into Carmont tragedy
- Fourth day of strike action by Scotrail conductors
- RMT analysis reveals it's one rule for the bosses another for the frontline workers at Abellio Scotrail