28 July 2021
RMT Press Office:
ScotRail Gateline Staff take industrial action in company-wide fight for workplace justice.
RAIL UNION RMT announced today that ScotRail Gateline Staff are to take industrial action over pay justice for rest day working.
They join with other Abellio ScotRail workers, including Conductors, Ticket Examiners and Cleaners, who are involved in separate long-running disputes over pay justice.
The action has been called as follows:
Abellio ScotRail Gateline CSA members to take industrial action short of a strike as outlined below:
• No Overtime, Higher Grade Duty or Rest Day Working from 0001 Hours on Wednesday 11th August 2021 until further notice.
• A Rest Day Working ban in the form of only working booked Sundays from 0001 Hours on Wednesday 11th August 2021 until further notice.
RMT General Secretary Mick Lynch said:
“ScotRail Gateline staff will be taking industrial action next month in their fight for pay justice.
“Their dispute runs alongside those of other grades at the company whose disputes have run for four months in what are now some of Britain's longest running industrial disputes.
"With yet another grade taking industrial action at ScotRail over the same issue, we call again on Transport Scotland, the Government and Abellio to face the fact that there is a real problem that needs urgently resolving and sit down with us to negotiate a fair and just settlement for all grades."
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: ScotRail, Abellio, Gateline Staff, Ticket Examiners, Conductors, Pay Justice
- Third of ScotRail women workers say they have been sexually harassed
- RMT calls for ticket office cuts in Scotland to be ruled out
- Scotrail removes peak ticket fares for 6 months
- Rail Gourmet caterers to take 48 hours strike action on TransPennine Express
- Unipart Rail workers on strike today in Crewe