8 August 2021
RMT Press Office:
RMT Scotrail members battling on for pay justice this morning in Britain's longest running dispute.
RMT Scotrail members are standing firm and battling on again today for pay justice and equality in what their union believes is now Britain's longest running industrial disputes.
RMT General Secretary Mick Lynch said:
"For six months now our members have stood strong on Scotrail in this fight for pay justice and equality and they are as united now as they were right at the start of what we believe is now Britain's longest running industrial disputes.
"That fact alone should force the company and their political bosses to hang their heads in shame as they preside over some of the worst industrial relations we have encountered in recent years.
"We continue to press Transport Scotland, the Government and Abellio to break their silence, get out of the bunker and sit down with us to negotiate a fair and just settlement."
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: ScotRail, Abellio, Transport Scotland, SNP, Conductors, Ticket Examiners, Pay Justice
- Third of ScotRail women workers say they have been sexually harassed
- RMT calls for ticket office cuts in Scotland to be ruled out
- Scotrail removes peak ticket fares for 6 months
- Rail Gourmet caterers to take 48 hours strike action on TransPennine Express
- Unipart Rail workers on strike today in Crewe