24 July 2016
RMT Press Office:
Strike rock solid again today
Press picture hand out. Immediate.
Scotrail RMT Dundee picket line - strike rock solid again today.
RMT General Secretary Mick Cash said;
"RMT members are solid, united and determined again today as they continue the fight for passenger and staff safety on ScotRail. Their resilience in the teeth of constant misinformation from the Dutch-owned Abellio/Scotrail is a credit to the whole trade union movement.
"It is disgraceful that the Scottish Government have not lifted a finger to intervene in a dispute that is about safety on Scotland's railways. That is a betrayal of their obligations to the Scottish people and it is time for the politicians to get off the fence and drag their rail contractors back to the negotiating table to address the range of issues at the heart of this dispute. "
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: scotrail, doo, driver only operation, guards, conductors, abellio
- RMT calls on National Rail Enquiries and Train Operating Companies to ensure accessibility for their website
- As pubs reopen RMT calls for respect for safety and staff on the transport network
- Third day of strike action by ScotRail conductors
- Third day of RMT ScotRail action
- London Labour politicians support bringing Tube cleaners back in-house