23 March 2021
RMT Press Office:
RMT’s Mick Cash says Shrewsbury pickets’ victory is a win for working people length and breadth of Britain.
TRANSPORT UNION RMT has welcomed today's victory for the Shrewsbury 24 as a victory for working people the length and breadth of Britain which has only been achieved by the sheer resilience and determination of the pickets who refused to stop fighting for justice.
RMT General Secretary Mick Cash said:
“RMT has been proud to stand shoulder to shoulder with the Shrewsbury pickets throughout this long, hard fight for justice. The victory today is a victory for their guts and determination and will resonate throughout the Labour and Trade Union movement.
“Never again should trade unionists be criminalised by the state for fighting for workplace justice. This victory will be a shot in the arm for every single union member standing up today for jobs, pay and decent working conditions.”
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: Shrewsbury 24, Shrewsbury Pickets, Labour Movement, Trade Unions
- Transport union RMT responds to Government net zero strategy
- RMT suspends Stagecoach South West strike action tomorrow
- As Southeastern passes into public ownership today, RMT reveals true cost of private sector failure
- RMT Scotrail members continue their battle today as Scottish rail workers step up fight for pay justice during COP26
- RMT strike on Stagecoach South West goes ahead